Guests visiting Eagle Nest can pack up to 125lbs of luggage when flying or boating into Eagle Nest.
In May, June and September, we recommend layers, as temperatures can range from 40º to 90º and sometimes in one day! One pair of long underwear, along with undershirts, sweaters, light jackets, and good rainwear or Gortex is ideal. Don't fuss over appearances; this is a time to be comfortable. Good footwear and a quality sock is important on any given dates. July and August average in the 70's and you can do with a little less of the heavy wear, and may even get by with the cut-offs.
Items to pack include:
- Passport (Required for all travel between the U.S. and Canada)
- Rain Suit (jacket and pants)
- Good footwear (2 kinds, 1 that can get wet)
- Multiple layers of clothing (thermal underwear suggested for early/late season)
- Hat and Sunglasses
- Stocking cap (chilly mornings or nights)
- Insect repellant
- Tums, Rolaids, Advil and earplugs